Cambridge IGUOL bunpeiris Literature

Cambridge IGUOL bunpeiris Literature
Cambridge IGCSE bunpeiris Literature

My Sri Lanka Holidays Com

My Sri Lanka Holidays Com
My Sri Lanka Holidays by bunpeiris

Tuition Cambridge OL Literature at Kandana

My Sri Lanka Holidays bunpeiris-Gleannigs: Read, Write, Record & Present

My Sri Lanka Holidays is presented by Riolta Lanka Holidays (Pvt.) Ltd., a tour operator based in Kandana [5mnts drive-9km from Colombo CMB Banadranyake Int'l Airport at Katunayake] on Katunayake-Negombo-Cololmbo-A3 Main Road, Sri Lanka.http://www.mysrilankaholidays.com/

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Writer Vs. His Work


Writer Vs. His Work  Being compiled by bunpeiris

Principle of Impersonality as supreme in all arts.

Like God in the universe, the writer should be omnipresent in his work but never visible.
Gustave Flaubert


As we know, there is often a great difference between the man & the writer. The writer may be bitter, harsh & brutal while the man be so meek & mild that he wouldn’t say boo to a goose.
Somerset Maugham: The kite

Literature, literary creation, is not distinct or separable, for me, from the rest of the man…. I may taste a work, but it is difficult for me to judge it independently of my knowledge of the man himself, & I will say willingly, tel arbe, tel fruit.
Charles Augustine Saint- Beuve

The writer’s true self is manifested in his books alone.
Marcel Proust

I think, like most writers, that I am most completely myself when I write, & not the rest of the time. I have a social self, & my full self can’t be released except in the writing.
Salman Rushdie

The artist was what he did- he was nothing else.
Henry James: The Real Right Thing

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger